Exclude Locations

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
JvdMaat

Exclude Locations

Post by JvdMaat »

Would it be possible to exclude Locations from deployments?

We support life sciences companies, and we have an Automate Location for the office machines which we manage normally, and we have an Automate Location for the Lab machines, which we don't touch, because the slightest thing could cause them to fail. (and this could impact multi-day experiments).

Habitat has the "Do not install 3rd party software updates via Habitat" checkbox on the Location EDF. Can we get the same for Chocolatey for Automate please?
At this point, I am just using the plugin to get the framework installed, and I'm manually running the choco install commands through a script to all the systems in the office location. But not exactly a scalable solution that way.
(Ultimately I'd like to be able to invoke the plugin from a generic script where I can just call upon Chocolatey for Automate to install "package" to a system, and then I can use Automate Search limited groups to target the install.)

UJ_novaram

Re: Exclude Locations

Post by UJ_novaram »

+1 This has my vote as well.
I wonder why there not a big crowd voting for this.
We have a lot of clients with more than 1 location, typically in different countries, and they have very different software needs.

Right now, the only way we can manage this is going to every single computer and exclude the software, which is not a viable solution.

mwilhelmi

Post by mwilhelmi »

+1

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

working on this....

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We released 3.0.0.38 today

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/0b0c ... a70b31d347

Now supports enabling by location.

New Locations Button will launch locations enabler.

To use select to enable or not any location. The Suspend feature is not yet implemented so enable or disable the location will prevent installs for agents at that location. These events will be logged in the plugin log.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (47.28 KiB) Viewed 3175 times

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”