How long does it take to install the programs on the machines

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
Cubert

How long does it take to install the programs on the machines

Post by Cubert »

, I have installed the Chocolatey for Automate plugin and I’m having a bit of an issue. I enabled the agents and I selected packages and attempted to have it install them on the machines.

It does not install the programs on the machines.

You should allow Chocolatey 24 hours to fully setup and deploy to a newly enabled client or set of agents. The automated services do not run continuously so it may take several hours on first enable to see any activity.

The plugin will see a new client is enabled and that it will need to prep that client before moving forward. The commands you see is that prep taking place. Afterwards the agents will sit till next cycle and the plugin will see that the framework is now available at each agent and will do a “versioning test” to verify framework and to see if any software managed by framework is already showing up on agents. Then the next cycle it will look at the approved apps list, compare that to the current imported list (done in the versioning test) and starts installing missing software.

The cycles timing is set in the global plugin manager
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.72 KiB) Viewed 10086 times

If you have the following setup, it will take up to 4 hours to do first maintenance, another 4 hours to do versioning after first maintenance ran and then another 4 hours after that to install software.

So in this configuration, you should expect a minimum of 16 hours to get the first apps installed. If agent is offline during any of this time you can expect delays until each step has fully completed.

Now once the initial enable and versioning has run then all new or updated software will arrive timely at 4 hour intervals moving forward. The original 16 hours is only needed once to get agent in the program.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”