Arithmetic Error When Authenticating to Hosted CWA Server

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
DownEaster

Arithmetic Error When Authenticating to Hosted CWA Server

Post by DownEaster »

How I arrived at the error:
I installed the Chocolatey for Automate Plug-in v3.0.0.16 and clicked on "Poll." The Chocolatey Deploy Maintenance window popped up and I typed in our LT Server ID - the long number from My Server Dashboard - a known good Sys Admin user name and a known good Password. I clicked on Deploy and got the error, ""Deploying Scheduled tasks to LT server > The operation failed. Please review errors and retry. > Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

Cubert

Re: Arithmetic Error When Authenticating to Hosted CWA Server

Post by Cubert »

Polling is a optional process that allow you to grab all the current items available on the repo. This is an awesome service but has it limitations.

The controls require that the LTHost agent ID and a local admin and password be used or if user and pass not available you can use "System" as the user and a blank pass. If LTAgent is setup correctly it should allow the scans to take place.

If your hosted and can not deploy an agent to the LTserver then this server can not be used. You will need to add manually each application you want from the repo.

Visit https://chocolatey.org/packages to find the available packages you can deploy then use the add packages to add single packages.

DownEaster

Post by DownEaster »

I was unable to log Choco into the LT server. Will the apps install on the target endpoints at 10:00 PM, per the schedule? I gave the command to execute installation on two workstations and have not seen Java installed.
A fellow LTG with specific expertise in Automate looked at this error and replied, "So, if I understand what is going on, the LT Server ID will not be on the cloud environments, as there is no agent on the LT Server for the LTServer. Thus, no client ID1."
Last edited by DownEaster on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Using the Add App from a tech system will allow you to add java to the system and then push java to agents. If you on the LTHost and have a plugin console open it will attempt to install chocolatey on LThost . It uses Chocolatey framework to verify valid packages are available upon repo. prevent user from adding a non existent package and trying to deploy it.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”