Questions on Chocolatey for Automate/Labtech

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
Fl4T

Questions on Chocolatey for Automate/Labtech

Post by Fl4T »

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Chocolatey For Automate Plugin and am trying to get more familiar with it. I have good grasp on how it functions and have been able to deploy a few applications successfully so far. I have however run into a few issues and am hoping to get a some things cleared up.

So far I have only globally approved two applications, and they were both installed after some finagling. One problem that I ran into is that an application just randomly decided to show up even though I did not approve it "Bills Jammin Jukebox". So went back to the Global Manager and used the "clear all" approved applications function, this did not however replicate to the "client site" level. All three applications still show up and I have not been able to find a way to remove them from the "client site". Is this possible to do?

My other question(s) are in regards to the two different plugins "Chocolatey For Automate" and "Chocolatey for Labtech". From what I understand the free version is in a beta until December. I am currently running Automate version 12.0.404, which is why I went to use the Chocolatey for Automate plugin. Is "Chocolatey for Labtech" compatible with Automate? I noticed some features that are not in the Automate plugin which I would like to use, these features on all in the "Master Control Manager". It looks like it offers better configuration at the Global level and you can also view logs. I have only been able to get a single license for the "Automate" plugin so far, how do I get more licenses added to it? Or does the free version only allow a single license?

Any info would be much appriciated.

Cubert

Re: Questions on Chocolatey for Automate/Labtech

Post by Cubert »

If Chocolatey was ever deployed to system and anything installed outside of the plugin or before the plugin started managing the agent we will see that show up in our apps installed on agent list. It will be missing from approved apps but will show as an installed app on the agent.

So if you did not approve "bubba's music player" but it shows in an app list at the agent levels then it was previously installed by someone using the Chocolatey framework prior to C4L. If you go to an agent and at the command line install an app. it will show up later in the plugin as an installed app.

For production you should be using Chocolatey for Labtech, both C4L and C4A work in Automate just fine. C4A is a simplified build of C4L. If you want options then C4L is the preferred builds.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”