Chocolatey on Hosted Automate

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
RedRhombus

Chocolatey on Hosted Automate

Post by RedRhombus »

Will Chocolatey for Automate work on hosted automate? I have setup the plugin according to the instructions but applications aren't installing. I don't have access to the logs folder to check the status.

The Chocolatey application was pushed out OK but additional approved apps are not being installed.

Cubert

Re: Chocolatey on Hosted Automate

Post by Cubert »

Absolutely!

exactly as it would on a self hosted.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

If they give you access to the desktop, they (Automate Support) will place a "Logs" folder on the desktop that is a link to the logs on the server. In those folders is a plugin_chocolateyforLabTech.txt that will dump out logs.

Next, it may take a DB maintenance cycle for LT to flush out and start installing softwares.

RedRhombus

Post by RedRhombus »

Thanks Cubert. This is the error I am getting in the logs.

Failed execution of commands - Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.:::

There is also another log called Plugin_ChocolateyForAutomate_Errors with the below error. Although this hasn't occured since 08/22.
LTAgent v120.404 - 8/22/2018 2:29:10 AM - Plugin Error ChocolateyForAutomate, Version=3.0.0.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLColumn count doesn't match value count at row 2:::

**The error above is generated when I reload DB Agent Plugins. I am going to reinstall again but any advice would be appreciated.

**** I'm getting the same errors after a reinstall of the plugin.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Can you go into SQL and drop all the plugin_sw_chocolatey_xxx tables, then restart the dbagent.

This should recreate all the tables and start you off fresh. add back in your approved apps and see if that clears the errors.

RedRhombus

Post by RedRhombus »

Hi Cubert,

There are no plugin_sw_chocolatey_xxx tables in my DB. There were some plugin_p4lt_chocolatey (or something similar) tables which I dropped and then reinstalled the plugin. These tables have not been added back but all of my repositories and approved apps are still there.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Sorry that should of been

plugin_p4l_chocolatey_

RedRhombus

Post by RedRhombus »

After dropping the tables, I am no longer getting this error in the Plugin_ChocolateyForAutomate_Errors log.
LTAgent v120.404 - 8/22/2018 2:29:10 AM - Plugin Error ChocolateyForAutomate, Version=3.0.0.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLColumn count doesn't match value count at row 2:::

But I am still getting Failed execution of commands - Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.::: in the plugin_p4l_chocolatey_ log.

What is the best way to start from scratch as my LT server was recently upgraded to 2016 and I think this may be causing problems?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Remove all tables , delete Chocolatey maintenance script and remove Chocolateyforautomate.DLL from all tech workstations and from lt host.

This way when you redeploy all workstations and server load a new dll and not the old. (We have seen this before)

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”