Reinstalled/reset/refreshed machines

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
efiniste

Reinstalled/reset/refreshed machines

Post by efiniste »

I've noticed a problem with PCs that we've reinstalled for whatever reason. Once the LT agent is reinstalled, Chocolatey should deploy (along with several other apps, all of which are working).
Chocolatey never reinstalls itself and the installed apps list for that PC never refreshes. Looking at the plugin page on that machine in LT everything looks fine. Chocolatey is listed as deployed and all of the original apps are listed as installed but, if we try to push a new app we get the "framework not installed" error. If we "deploy framework" the app list still doesn't refresh so we have to re install each app from the software tab manually.

Does the plugin ever check for the presence of previously installed apps or the choco exe itself?

Cubert

Re: Reinstalled/reset/refreshed machines

Post by Cubert »

I am assuming we are talking about Version 2.

Version 2 should be scanning a agent regularly for installed application and their current versions. It should also deploy automatically if missing. I would need to see a agent with an active problem to troubleshoot it's reasons for being.

If you want us to look deeper into this send us a helpdesk email @plugins4labtech.com and a ticket will be opened for us to reach out to you.

efiniste

Re: Reinstalled/reset/refreshed machines

Post by efiniste »

yep, V2. I've sorted this latest one but will open a ticket next time we rebuild a machine.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”