Chocolatey for Automate Beta released

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
Cubert

Chocolatey for Automate Beta released

Post by Cubert »

We just released a new build and version of our Chocolatey Plugin. Version 3.0.0 can be downloaded by having an account on our portal and adding the "free" plugin to your cart and checking out. It cost nothing and you do not need to have any payment information to download and use the plugin.

https://www.plugins4labtech.com/product ... -per-month

Open Beta will end Oct 1st 2017.

jerrod.tracy

Re: Chocolatey for Automate Beta released

Post by jerrod.tracy »

Chocolatey V3 looks like it is going to be a great product! I know it is still in beta so I am trying not to speculate too much, but here are a few key features, that we would love to see. (I'm sorry if this isn't the best place for the info, I didn't see a feature require section)

With Chocolatey MSP and specifically the SYNC option where it auto populates the choco lib files for installed applications (instead of applications having to have been installed originally by choco) and having the ability to maintain them there on, has a potential for people to move away from the plugin like ninite to help maintain packages for updating. I do understand there is a different in the applications; I’m just speaking for how we are using it.

1. I guess my first feature request would be if there were applications detected by the plugin that hasn’t yet been placed in the global list, it would automatically place it there, or a submenu showing application to be approved, to be move to the approved list. Mainly if a person was using choco msp and sync, they would likely have the potential for many outside of the global approved list. I hope this makes sense.
2. Option to uninstall packages, instead of just install/update. Example if choco sync brought in packages, and they were moved to the global list, and now there was a checkbox option to uninstall. Like maybe onboarding a new client, and they have avastfreeantivirus, but we as an msp wants to make sure our av is installed (or to just to uninstall if a user installs, same feature for two different use cases), we could choose to uninstall any that were not ours.
3. Set repo priority. Example, if in our personal repository we had a pacakge googlechrome to install, it would choose to install from our repo instead of from the community.
4. Last feature that I have on my list. Would be the option to auto pull in all packages from a repo. Basically doing, choco list –s=”https://repourl/chocolatey

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”