Newbie Question

Windows Backup manager allows you to manage backups across Labtech quickly and without the expensive software
aeigb

Newbie Question

Post by aeigb »

Hello,

i already use the windows server backup to backup a small business server with two drives (C + D) to an iSCSI-Device from Synology.

Now i want to monitor these backups. Can i use your plugin or have i to create a new backup job within your plugin and if so i do not understand what i have to do to backup booth drives to the iscsi-device without a driveletter.

Is there a manual (i found nothing) for this case?

Thanks

aeigb

Cubert

Re: Newbie Question

Post by Cubert »

Yes, You can either look at what the SBS wants as the target drive (syntaxial) and place that in the target area selecting the custom target checkbox. This works for volume IDs and such, see forum post viewtopic.php?f=49&t=270 about Windows 2008 Volume ID's.

As for doing "C and D" as your includes, here also is a few ways to do this.

#1 In custom includes place a "C:,D:,E:,F:" in the custom includes selecting use custom include checkbox. This allows for as many drives as you have letters. Also can do directories here like "C:,D:,E:\documents"
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (60.75 KiB) Viewed 10791 times

#2 A better way! If you just want the root windows drive and 1 other drive. Select the "D" drive from backup include drive list, select "All Critical" from types. This will automatically include the Windows root drive "C:" and the drive you're requesting "D:" and backups them both up. This is by far the easiest way to setup a backup and the suggested way when dealing with secondary drive.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (66.92 KiB) Viewed 10791 times

#3 Use the Global Manager's "Enable" tab to scan for pre configured backups
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (41.74 KiB) Viewed 10791 times

#4 If none of these will meet your needs then you can just set it in the database using SQLYog and the plugin will gladly start polling that data.

Add your system to the Backup config table like so (make sure to update values for computerID and ClientID)

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `plugin_sw_backup_windows_config` (`ComputerID`,`ClientID`,`Enable_Backup`) VALUES ('<{ComputerID: }>','<{ClientID: }>','1');
Next add the job you want to monitor (Update values for computerID, username and password if pushing to network else blank them)

Code: Select all

REPLACE INTO plugin_sw_backup_windows_jobs (ComputerID,`Target`,`Includes`,`Schedule`,`Username`,`Password`,SystemState,AllCritical,vssFull,vssCopy,CustomInclude,CustomTarget) VALUES ('computerID','D:','E:','00:00','username','password','0','1','0','0','0','0')
This will "enable" the backup monitoring and give some basic parameters for the user console to have. As long as you do not select to "resave job" from the user console if will never attempt to push that config to the end system, so if the config is not just right that will be OK. Other features like logs, volumes available, backup charts should all work fine.

Return to “Backup Windows Plugin for LabTech”