Can run a manual job but not schedule it

Windows Backup manager allows you to manage backups across Labtech quickly and without the expensive software
mforemantx

Can run a manual job but not schedule it

Post by mforemantx »

I have a Windows 2008 server that I can't seem to schedule a backup. If I run it manually, it works fine. I get this in the Terminal:

Running backup of C:,D:,E: to \\?\Volume{23109B0B-47B2-11E3-A752-842B2B63A781}

I remote into the server and sure enough, a Windows Server Backup was running.

If I put the exact same info into the schedule job section, I get this:

Enabling the backup of C:,D:,E: to \\?\Volume{23109B0B-47B2-11E3-A752-842B2B63A781} starting every day at 21:00

ERROR - Invalid location for the schedule backup. Specify a valid disk identifier

Please advise. That volume is an external USB drive and I can bring it up on the server so the GUID is right.

Cubert

Re: Can run a manual job but not schedule it

Post by Cubert »

Use the gear on the Computer console backup windows tab to list the volume ID's. These ID's are different from the Mountvol versions of ID. Use the ID's provided by plugin when using Volume ID's

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (120.28 KiB) Viewed 13311 times

mforemantx

Post by mforemantx »

Thanks Cubert.

Yup, classic case of RTFM. I was getting my GUID from the MOUNTVOL command. Had no idea WBADMIN comes up with a different GUID for the same drive. Learnt something new today.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The reason we have that Gear was that I too had the same issues during the plugin build. Spent days working out what the problem was to find it being such a simple misunderstanding of what ID it wanted.

So don't beat yourself up.. We all hit that problem.

Return to “Backup Windows Plugin for LabTech”