Information Not Updating... Heeeelp!

Windows Backup manager allows you to manage backups across Labtech quickly and without the expensive software
Richard373

Re: Information Not Updating... Heeeelp!

Post by Richard373 »

Thanks Cubert. The plugin is not updating at all at the moment so i'm back to manual checks for now.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

releasing new build today, I have changed several things in the collection of data. Now uses a different LT executor, runs twice a day and can now run undisturbed for up to 12 hours without stomping on itself for larger clients who have lots of data to collect.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Also added new custom "multiple schedules" field so on servers that support it (2008r2 - 2012R2) you can have a multiple daily recover points for your servers now.. very cool!

Richard373

Post by Richard373 »

I have installed. Everything is red just now still so I will check back tonight and see how it's all looking.

Thanks Cubert!

Richard373

Post by Richard373 »

No change this morning unfortunately. All machines showing now out of date

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Send me your email, I will setup a GTM session so I can have a peek..

support (@) plugins4labtech.com

mforemantx

Post by mforemantx »

Greetings.

I'm having similar issues. Some backups are showing up red, 7 out of 15. However when I manually checked WSB they all backed up fine. On 4 of those 7, it's still blank for 'last backup' and all daily backups have been successful. The other 3 are reporting the backup day before yesterday.

2 are backing up to a network share, the other 5 to guid based USB externals. I have a mix of 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 servers in that 15.

I'm sure you need more information, let me know what I need to provide.

Oh, something I did see in the command history on ALL of my servers, even the ones that are working is this line:

Parameters: %windir%\LTSvc\BackupWindows\getSyncTaskStatus.ps1!!!!!Param(
[Param
Output: ERR an error occurred: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\LTSvc\BackupWindows\getSyncTaskStatus.ps1'.

I checked and there isn't a folder called BackupWindows under the LTSvc folder. Should I just make one? I don't think it's related to my problem though, as the successful ones get it too.

Thanks,
Mark

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Really, Yes please make folder and see if different results.. May have a missing Folder create command in script.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Also watch for failing powershell commands when the script runs, post output of manual execution of Powershell scripts the LT script creates.

mforemantx

Post by mforemantx »

Ok, I made the BackupWindows folder under LTSvc. I checked that folder later and there was a script file called "getsynctaskstatus.ps1"

Now I get this:

Exception calling "GetBytes" with "1" argument(s): "Array cannot be null.
Parameter name: chars"
At C:\windows\ltsvc\backupwindows\getSyncTaskStatus.ps1:11 char:76
+ $d = [System.Convert]::ToBase64String([System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8.GetBytes <<<< ($allLines))
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException

ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified.
You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At C:\windows\ltsvc\backupwindows\getSyncTaskStatus.ps1:14 char:19
+ if($b.Contains <<<< ("Backup")){
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Contains:String) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

I tried stepping through the script and to me the amateur, it appears that the variable $allLines gets defined in the IF portion but not the ELSE which is where I think the script goes since there's no C:\Windows\LTSvc\BackupWindows\Sync.log

As to the second error, I don't see a $b defined anywhere. There's a $d but not a $b. Again, what I know about powershell scripts is extremely limited.

In any case, I'm still confused as to why 9 of my 16 servers are reporting in just fine even though they never had the BackupWindows folder to put that script in so I can't see how it ever ran on them. perhaps now that the folder is there something different will happen when the backups run tonight.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “Backup Windows Plugin for LabTech”