PoSh Auto Upgrate Agents - Reboot question

CapstoneWorks

PoSh Auto Upgrate Agents - Reboot question

Post by CapstoneWorks »

So we have 1200 agents, with many that we can reboot at will, but a few that must not be rebooted outside a maintenance window a couple that must not be rebooted without client authorization.

We'd like Powershell update on them all, but we'd like to do them "by client" or "by maintenance window" to assure we meet our commitments to the Clients.

Can this be done? If not what would you suggest - is there a way to suppress the Auto Upgrade to some through an extra data field?

Also is the 1AM PoSh Update local time to the Agen (1AM in China) or local time tot he LT Server, i.e. 1AM in Austin, TX

CapstoneWorks

Re: PoSh Auto Upgrate Agents - Reboot question

Post by CapstoneWorks »

Looking deeper, I think I...

1) Scan the agents to find the PoSh installed versions
2) From the Labtech Client Windows, using the Powershell Tab, upgrade just that client.
3) That client's workstations will then reboot at the auto install time.

Is this correct?

CapstoneWorks

Post by CapstoneWorks »

Quoting

"Client Console

The client console will have a tab called [PowerShell] that allows you to view and manage PowerShell and Dot.NET deployments across the client. Use this console to manually scan client, upgrade PoSh versions (3,4,5) and upgrade Dot.NET versions (3.5 SP1, 4.5, 4.6.2) to any system under the client. "

I'd love to manually scan just a single client, but I don't see this...

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

CapstoneWorks wrote:So we have 1200 agents, with many that we can reboot at will, but a few that must not be rebooted outside a maintenance window a couple that must not be rebooted without client authorization.

We'd like Powershell update on them all, but we'd like to do them "by client" or "by maintenance window" to assure we meet our commitments to the Clients.

Can this be done? If not what would you suggest - is there a way to suppress the Auto Upgrade to some through an extra data field?

Also is the 1AM PoSh Update local time to the Agen (1AM in China) or local time tot he LT Server, i.e. 1AM in Austin, TX
Not yet, its all or nothing but we have this option on the radar..

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

CapstoneWorks wrote:Looking deeper, I think I...

1) Scan the agents to find the PoSh installed versions
2) From the Labtech Client Windows, using the Powershell Tab, upgrade just that client.
3) That client's workstations will then reboot at the auto install time.

Is this correct?
Currently in the main view you set the scanner schedule and that will start the scanner based on interval set.

Once the scanner has scanned once you should start to see systems report Powershell and dot net versions.

Select any one of these systems and you can manually run the updates now or in powershell force the update later (in hours).

DotNET does not force a reboot so we do not offer a install later feature on that as of yet. We are willing to add that to the feature request list if it is something people want.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

CapstoneWorks wrote:Quoting

"Client Console

The client console will have a tab called [PowerShell] that allows you to view and manage PowerShell and Dot.NET deployments across the client. Use this console to manually scan client, upgrade PoSh versions (3,4,5) and upgrade Dot.NET versions (3.5 SP1, 4.5, 4.6.2) to any system under the client. "

I'd love to manually scan just a single client, but I don't see this...

We do offer a "manual scan" but it is for all clients at once not just the client you are in. We can make adjustments so this only scans client if that is desired.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (37.58 KiB) Viewed 16519 times

Return to “PowerShell plugin for Labtech”