Build 2.1.4 released

Cubert

Build 2.1.4 released

Post by Cubert »

We just release a new build 2.1.4 that adds in new features.

Powershell Version Manager located on the Client Console as a Tab now halps you manage the Powershell deployments across your MSP. Look at the current version of each of the systems, right click a system to access a menu to upgrade powershell automatically to either 3, 4 or version 5 and with our without automatic reboots.

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/85c6 ... 0f5e9eb180
ClientConsole.PNG
ClientConsole.PNG (60.91 KiB) Viewed 21280 times

starbucksgold

Re: Build 2.1.4 released

Post by starbucksgold »

This is so great. Squad, please test and let us know if there are any issues or if you have any suggestions to continue to improve these awesome tools Shannon is building for the community.

Thanks.

Jeff (A.K.A. - starbucksgold)

starbucksgold

Post by starbucksgold »

Shannon,

My tech's fell in love this morning when seeing this. They had a couple of suggestions which I think is valid.

1) on client screen, add ability to select multiple agents with option to update to specified version
2) on client screen, add ability to update selected agents to latest supported build

Thanks.

Jeff

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

I just updated to this latest one as we use the previous one a lot. I am trying to get the guys out of the habit of logging into machines to check everything.

I like being able to see the version installed from the computer screen but when I open it at the client level they all say systems: 123 and don't list any computers there. I have tried a few clients and they are doing this.

Is there something I should test here?

Neal

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

collinsit wrote:I just updated to this latest one as we use the previous one a lot. I am trying to get the guys out of the habit of logging into machines to check everything.

I like being able to see the version installed from the computer screen but when I open it at the client level they all say systems: 123 and don't list any computers there. I have tried a few clients and they are doing this.

Is there something I should test here?

Neal

post a screenshot?

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

Sorry, should have thought to do that.

I am not sure if the image will paste inline or as an attachment as I couldn't paste it into the post.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (23.16 KiB) Viewed 21241 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok so first did you restart your database agent on LT server?

Then you need to allow a few hours for the service to kick in and scan PCs. When that happens you should start getting data.

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

OK cool. I restarted the database agent. I will wait for a bit for the scanning and update if I see any issues.

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

It is working now, I guess just a matter of waiting for the initial scripts to run.

It is really neat having the view of all the systems on that one page and being able to upgrade right from there is very cool.

One thing that might be nice to add to that screen would be a column for the version of Windows on the machine. Not sure if the right click install will only present the versions available for the OS but it would be nice to see the Windows versions right there so you know what Powershell is even supported.

Not essential though as this is a great improvement to a plugin we already use extensively. I'll report back if I run into any specific issues with it.

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

I have been doing some more testing on this and it seems to work well. Commands are still running as expected and the versions are showing.

A couple things I have noticed which aren't necessarily issues.

It used to say the extensions for Exchange and stuff were loaded when you open it on the computer. It doesn't seem to do that anymore. I did test the commands and they still seem to work, from what I can tell but it isn't telling you that the extensions are loaded.

I also think the script runs a little too often for what is required. I don't really need that information to update every 4 hours. I know I can adjust the schedule but it would be nice to possibly have a button to run the script so you could easily check a system when you want without having to have all the machines scanned every 4 hours.

Just a couple thoughts initially, otherwise it is a great addition to an already great plugin.

Return to “PowerShell plugin for Labtech”