Getting No Scan Results

NCI_Support

Getting No Scan Results

Post by NCI_Support »

Not really sure why i can't get any results from scans.

I have my AD server selected, set my days to notify for 14, and my LDAP looks all good... DC=domainname,DC=com

Any suggestions on what i may be missing?

Cubert

Re: Getting No Scan Results

Post by Cubert »

Guaranteed it's your Domain info.

the plugin makes a LDAP query to the domain key you provide to query for users with email addresses that are not set to "Never expire".

From the looks of things you missed placing in a "container" with your domain info I believe you need at least one "CN=" for the LDAP to function.

NCI_Support

Post by NCI_Support »

Interesting...
So i added the common name behind our domain info. It ends up looking a lot like the Example text in the addon...

CN=Users,DC=domainname,DC=com

So far no results after about 30 minutes, but I will keep an eye on it.

The Notify Users switch is only for enabling and disabling the email notification correct?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Nope, that's a master on off switch for everything.

That needs to be on for scans to take place. Then twice a day midnight and 1 pm a scan (scheduled script) goes out to the DC in that location to request the users info from LDAP. This is what you need to be monitoring for. Does DC get script scheduled and what did script return (script log).

This will tell you what LDAP results your getting back from DC. The scans do not need to happen very often, just once a day to gather all info needed to notify users, Automate does it twice daily just for good measure.

Return to “Expiry Domain Password Expiration Plugin”