Issue with Time Zones and Scanning

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
reaves

Issue with Time Zones and Scanning

Post by reaves »

We have offices across the US, with our Automate server being in the Central Time Zone. Most of our ESX hosts are either in the Eastern or Pacific Time Zones. I have found that when setting up a new host in the plugin that the script it schedules is defaulted to "Agent Time" rather than "Server Time". This creates an issue where hosts in EST get the script scheduled to run in the past, and hosts in PST are offset from the scan schedule by 2 hours. Could you update way that the plugin triggers the script to have it use "Server Time" when scheduling?

Additionally, we have the Monitor enabled, Alerting enabled, and the Scan Cycle set to 4 hours, but we're seeing instances where the "Last Scan" date isn't updating and the scripts aren't running. This may be related to the above issue, but I wanted to mention it as well.

I used the ESX Health Monitor on my last company's Automate server with about 100 hosts and never had issues with the scans running in a timely manner; however, that server and 99% of it's hosts were all in the same time zone. The current setup that we're seeing issues with only has 13 hosts added to it so far while we try to work out these kinks.

Cubert

Re: Issue with Time Zones and Scanning

Post by Cubert »

No Problem I look in to this.

reaves

Re: Issue with Time Zones and Scanning

Post by reaves »

Any update to this? The inability to have the script run as "Server Time" is really limiting our ability to use the plugin. I'd love to get all of our VMware clients set up with this monitoring, rather than using several decentralized monitoring methods.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”