"A connection attempt failed..."

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
p4a-at

"A connection attempt failed..."

Post by p4a-at »

I haven't had to troubleshoot this plugin much so this could be a very easy issue ( or not):

We have four ESXi servers at a client (all running 6.7). Two of the four receive the error the probe is unable to connect to the servers. I was notified of this today so I don't know how long this has gone on.

I checked the probe's local python directory but didn't see any log files which may explain the error. The Automate server log directory has a log file for the plugin but only states it's running. Pings from the probe to the servers are successful. I don't know if there are other methods of connecting to simulate the probe.

How can i troubleshoot this error?

Cubert

Re: "A connection attempt failed..."

Post by Cubert »

Here is how to test probes manually

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5532&sid=840da3f33 ... 9fb4077590

Some times ESX's CIM services takes a crap and the ESX host needs a reboot or reset to fix it. It may be administratively disabled, see http://www.squidworks.net/2017/02/vmwar ... y-default/

Or it coiuld be an issue with probe agent. Try to assign that ESX to a different probe, running 2 probes at same time for same location . See if that resolves any issues.

Post back what you find..

p4a-at

Re: "A connection attempt failed..."

Post by p4a-at »

Thanks for the info. I learned something new...but unfortunately the answer was extremely simple: the hosts were offline. I was told they were online and returning pings (which brings up other questions).

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”