Stale alerts

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
technospecs

Stale alerts

Post by technospecs »

Hello,

The plugin we have for ESX monitoring is working for most of our clients in Connectwise except two of them where it doesn't complete a scan and hence sending stale alerts. In efforts to fix this, we tried changing the probe to another server for the client and when the first scan occurred after the probe got changed, the scan worked file but then stopped again. Any idea on what can be done to fix this?

regards,
Mandeep.

Cubert

Re: Stale alerts

Post by Cubert »

Depending on what the return of the script calls were you can expect 1 of 3 common issues

#1 Python is missing a lib so probe fails to execute. Delete the c:\python27 on probe and rescan. Will auto reinstall python.

#2 Bad host IP, username or password. See logs in script for password errors or no connections logs

#3 ESX CIM service has died or is administratively disabled. Reboot ESX host or see our post here on how to enable a disabled CIM service. http://www.squidworks.net/2017/02/vmwar ... y-default/

technospecs

Post by technospecs »

Hello Cubert,

Our plugin has all the previous settings disappeared and it is showing blank information on the plugin tab under the client properties. Also, if I try to add any host information back to it, it wouldn't allow me to do this and the save button is grey out. What could be the reason for this?

regards,
Mandeep.
Attachments
Plugin.jpg
Plugin.jpg (90.97 KiB) Viewed 12878 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

License expired..

If your still have an active subscription then send me a email at support@plugins4automate.com with your email / LThost name so I can go fix your license. We occasionally get a hickup between systems and a licenses does not get updated.

technospecs

Post by technospecs »

Hello Cubert,

I sent an email on 26th last month and have sent a follow-up email today. Can you see if there is any updated on the same?

regards,
Mandeep.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We just got your email today, problem was found and resolved so you should see valid data now. We needed your email address to look up account and didn't want to get that posted across the forum.

You should be good to go.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”