Is it possible to disable a specific CIM data monitor?

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
4way

Is it possible to disable a specific CIM data monitor?

Post by 4way »

I recently configured an ESX Host monitor, unfortuantelywe are receiving false positives for power supply 2 now this server itself does not have 2 power supplies only a single power supply. This is reporting to our system on Grafana whether I disable or delete the CIM data in the health monitor.

Is there any way to stop this?

miles-sstanley

Re: Is it possible to disable a specific CIM data monitor?

Post by miles-sstanley »

I also have this question. There seems to be a way to disable a specific CIM monitor from the GUI, but it's still in the tables in the database, and still generates alerts. Is this a bug? How can I exclude specific CIM monitors on specific hosts from alerting?

Cubert

Re: Is it possible to disable a specific CIM data monitor?

Post by Cubert »

The Alerts come from an Internal Monitor setup to query the database for errors and alarm on them when seen.

You can modify the internal monitors Raw SQL query to exclude or change what the monitor is looking for. The internal monitors start with "CIM-".

We can not stop what the agents send us for data. we can only exclude from queries if we get data that we do not want to alert on.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”