Esxi Health Monitor: Stale Check in Alerts

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
jasonhand

Re: Esxi Health Monitor: Stale Check in Alerts

Post by jasonhand »

Any idea why isync would be skipping hours of time?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

What build are you on?

We had to adjust the ISync test 1 extra minute to catch slow fires at the top of the hour.

Current Version: 4.0.0.58

jasonhand

Post by jasonhand »

I just updated to the .58 build you posted.

Also, where can I check isync? I had not heard of that as a component to Automate.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Isyc is an internal process inside the DBagent that runs on a 6 minute cycle. It allows coders to tie into a common clock of execution so that we can launch functions when time is right. We test to see if we are at the top of the hour (the first 6 minutes) if so we fire off our code (scans). The issue is 2 fold, one we were really only testing for the first 5 minutes and not six so we fixed that and the second issue is that sometimes DBagent gets behind and may go out as far as 8 minutes to get everything at the top of the hour to fire off so we still miss the window of execution.

So that's the backstory, as for how to see this in action you can see our logs on the LThost under c:\programfiles\labtech\logs\plugin_pluginname.txt and plugin_pluginname-error.txt

Watch these files for entries, they show when we get executed and what we try and do.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”