UNKNOWN: Authentication Error

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
dkorsgen

UNKNOWN: Authentication Error

Post by dkorsgen »

For no matter what client I try, that I can successfully log in to to perform any function I wish, all ESXi Health Monitor does is give me the error "UNKNOWN: Authentication Error". Doesn't matter how old or new the ESXi server is.

I even tried creating a user account with no special symbols in the username or password.

I tried emailing support and the farthest I've gotten so far was someone letting me know they activated my forum account.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

dkorsgen

Re: UNKNOWN: Authentication Error

Post by dkorsgen »

Any thoughts from anyone? I've reached out to support several times and have gotten absolute radio silence.

dkorsgen

Post by dkorsgen »

Have been regularly attempting to get support and have had absolutely no feedback. No forum feedback.

I've asked for support one final time before I just deem the product non-functional, the company non-responsive, and seek a refund through my CC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
David

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

dkorsgen,

I am sorry your having issues with plugin, we will be happy to have a look at your setups and see what might be going on. I am sorry that you caught us during Holiday breaks and being a small 1 man shop there is no backup for the help desk when Holidays come up.

We are back and available to assist. Just give us a shout here or at helpdesk@plugins4automate.com to open a ticket with us. If you have a ticket open let me know that ticket number and I will make sure to raise its priority asap.

Shannon

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

David,

We found your ticket and have responded, wanted to make sure you were getting our responses.

Shannon

dkorsgen

Post by dkorsgen »

Wanted to submit an update and let others who come across this know that I was contacted following the holidays. The non-responsiveness was due to the holiday-time office closure and whatnot.

Shannon reached out to me and spent a bunch of time diagnosing and getting us working. It turns out that it appears to be something specific to our hosted instance of Labtech not allowing a specific variable to be set.

All is forgiven and all are redeemed. Thank you so very much for your assistance. You've already helped us identify a down drive in a large array.

:D

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Thanks DK,

Glad we got everything ironed out for you. We look forward to serving your future needs.

Shannon

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We have an update as to why the Var set fails. We decrypt the ESX password in SQL and save it to a variable. SomeTimes this variable has -9999 as the output but the input was the correct password.

I recently found out, and enjoy loudly complaining about the fact that when you use "Variable Set: Constant" with a value like `!BeerMeTheStrength` Automate ignores what you expect, and treats it as if you did "Variable Set: SQL QUERY" with a query of `SELECT BeerMeTheStrength;` ...

Any value that starts with `!` is assumed to be a SQL query body... And -9999 is the Automate Null/Invalid value in the typical event of your string NOT being a valid SQL Body.....

*I AM PUSHING HARD TO GET THIS REMOVED.*

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”