Get The Scoop On What's New
Want to know what Plugins4Automate is doing for ConnectWise Automate? Come check out our blog and find out about new products and updates that we are working on! https://www.plugins4labtech.com/blogs/blog

No module named six" error when scanning ESX

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
Cubert

No module named six" error when scanning ESX

Post by Cubert » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

File Server Resource Manager may be causing your issues if you have it engaged.

python-error.png
python-error.png (15 KiB) Viewed 2868 times

The file path has the word “crypto” in it. When using File Server Resource Manager to actively block files with certain patterns from being written to the server. Tried disabling the File Server Resource Manager service and tried again – no dice. After some digging around and experimentation I thought maybe the file screen (the thing that does the blocking) was still in force even though the service was not running so I deleted the file screen and hey presto, no more error. I then tried polling the VMware host and I got information back!

Ransomware Protection Using FSRM and PowerShell
https://blog.netwrix.com/2016/04/11/ran ... owershell/

dpltadmin

Re: No module named six" error when scanning ESX

Post by dpltadmin » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:39 am

I am getting the "No module named six" error on a Server 2019 box without FSRM installed.

Code: Select all

PROBE -> [ Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\check_esxi_hardware.py", line 249, in <module>
    import pywbem
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pywbem-0.10.0-py2.7.egg\pywbem\__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
    from .cim_types import *  # noqa: F403,F401
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pywbem-0.10.0-py2.7.egg\pywbem\cim_types.py", line 76, in <module>
    import six
ImportError: No module named six ]
Any Idea's or anything I can do to help troubleshoot? Thanks!

Cubert

Re: No module named six" error when scanning ESX

Post by Cubert » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Looks like you have a similar issue to whats posted here

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5307&sid=289888897 ... cf43371f54

Basically when Python is installed it fails to install the common modules it to its library. In some cases this was a PATH issue and in other cases it was permissions when installed. What I would do first is remove the c:\python27 directory and then tell plugin to rescan probe. This will force a reinstall of python during scan and may correct some issues strait away. You also have the option of moving probe to another system to see if that systems responds differently.