Printer Status shows nothing

dvpain

Printer Status shows nothing

Post by dvpain »

Hi,

I've added in the Printer Status plugin to our hosted Automate and enabled the scans on all the Clients. I've also turned off Servers Only for some clients and enabled Servers Only for other clients. I've stopped and restarted the DB, reloaded the plugins, etc and waiting a couple of weeks but nothing ever shows up.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 18.38.03.png
Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 18.38.03.png (59.8 KiB) Viewed 21271 times

Cubert

Re: Printer Status shows nothing

Post by Cubert »

There should be a printer status plugin log on the LThost that describes what the plugin is doing. Post up that log for us.

MikeC

Post by MikeC »

I'm having Same symptom -
error log shows
;

/*
LTAgent v200.310 - 10/20/2020 8:05:29 AM - Plugin Error PrinterStatus, Version=0.1.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:::
*/

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Printer status runs a script against agents and this script records all the information about the printers installed or seen by agent.

You need to check the logs on the LThost at c:\programdata\labtech\logs\plugin-PrinterStatus.txt to see what it is doing during the script scheduling.

Post that log back here and if a plugin-PrinterStatus-errors.txt exist post that also.

MikeC

Post by MikeC »

interesting... I do not have a file c:\programdata\labtech\logs\plugin-PrinterStatus.txt in the path or anywhere else on the server.

I also checked several agents and no plugin-PrinterStatus-errors.txt file exists on them ether...

Would this then be a Connectwise support issue ?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

MikeC wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:06 pm interesting... I do not have a file c:\programdata\labtech\logs\plugin-PrinterStatus.txt in the path or anywhere else on the server.

I also checked several agents and no plugin-PrinterStatus-errors.txt file exists on them ether...

Would this then be a Connectwise support issue ?

I may of gave you a bad location, the LT Host there is a folder at "C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs"

Inside that folder should be text files and some of these files should start with "LT" and others start with "Plugin"

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.32 KiB) Viewed 13340 times

See if you see one with "PrinterStatus" as a suffix.

Post any files you see there here for review.

Return to “Printer Status Plugin”