Plugin Shows No Results?

mrwlms4586

Plugin Shows No Results?

Post by mrwlms4586 »

Hello All, I installed the Printer Status plugin 1.0.4 last week and we still aren't seeing any results. Does anyone know if this plugin still works with Automate 2019.4? Maybe I am missing something but aside from installing the plugin there isn't much documentation to go off. Any help is greatly appreciated! -Mike
Automate Printer Status Plugin.png
Automate Printer Status Plugin.png (31.15 KiB) Viewed 21104 times

Cubert

Re: Plugin Shows No Results?

Post by Cubert »

Can you screen shot the client view,

There is a Client side enable switch on the plugin to enable clients for scanning that needs to be turned on.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (112.28 KiB) Viewed 21091 times

SteveITS

Re: Plugin Shows No Results?

Post by SteveITS »

Cubert wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 pm There is a Client side enable switch on the plugin to enable clients for scanning that needs to be turned on.
For me it took a while to get the results to show. I am not sure how long, after maybe 5-10 minutes I came back to it at least an hour or more later and it was populated. A coworker said he turned it on one location and it took "about 2 minutes to schedule the command, then about 2 minutes to get the results."

On the "Enable Scans" option/switch (which for some reason isn't visible in OP's screen cap?), the flyover popup label shows "set this client to only scan server for printer status..." which is the info for the second option, "Servers Only."

Further, turning Enable Scans on, then clicking Rescan, also turns on Servers Only, though I'm not sure that actually limits the results to servers since the location I'm looking at shows Servers Only is on but shows printers on all the PCs as well.

Return to “Printer Status Plugin”