CCleaner looks like it's cleaning but...

Get help for CCleaner LabTech plugin
AzzWizz

CCleaner looks like it's cleaning but...

Post by AzzWizz »

I've just realised that CCleaner is reporting things are happening, yet when we dig down, it looks like almost nothing is. For example on one machine I noticed CCleaner reports 11.46gb reclaimable storage. I run the clean and Total Storage reclaimed is 11.46gb. If I re-run the Analyzer it stays at 11.46gb and if I go and manually check things like the recycle bin and temp files that should have been cleaned, they are still there.

Attached is a screen shot after an analyze and then a clean.

Any help, very appreciated!
Attachments
ccleaner after clean.jpg
ccleaner after clean.jpg (246.12 KiB) Viewed 7977 times

AzzWizz

Re: CCleaner looks like it's cleaning but...

Post by AzzWizz »

OK figured it...

For some reason, when I licensed a bunch of computers it didn't work. In license manager they have the 'licensed' tick, but if I right click and 'get status' it shows 'CCRegistered=NO'. Even if I right click and license the computer again it doesn't work. The only thing that worked was 'unlicense' then 'license'. When I do that I get 'CCRegistered=YES' and the cleaning is now working.

To be on the safe side, I've just unlicensed and relicensed all the computers in the list.

Hope this helps anyone else having that issue :)

Cubert

Re: CCleaner looks like it's cleaning but...

Post by Cubert »

That is very odd,

That must be a product of the CCleaner.exe . As Licensing and unlicensing is just a command set to that application. So if it works to license after unlicensed then the license side of plugin is working.

I'll send this over to Piriform guys to see if they have any knowledge.

Return to “Cleaner For LabTech”