CCleaner Plugin Fails to Analyze or Clean

Get help for CCleaner LabTech plugin
Cubert

CCleaner Plugin Fails to Analyze or Clean

Post by Cubert »

It maybe UAE?
Here is an excerpt from a support request at CW troubleshooting issues why CCleaner was not working on Windows 10 agents.
Thanks for contacting ConnectWise Automate.

After speaking and working with the developer of the CCleaner plugin, we were able to find that if the Windows machine has UAC enabled, the CCleaner plugin will not be able to perform the tasks correctly.

Please note that this is working as designed as UAC is prompting due to what CCleaner is attempting to access on the machine. For more detail on how UAC work please reference the Microsoft KB article below :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... trol-works

The only fix to this is to disable UAC on your machines for the CCleaner plugin to function correctly. Currently there is
no workaround to this since the commands the plugin uses to query the CCleaner application causes a UAC prompt to pop up.
Since the commands are all run in the background, the UAC prompt will not have any interaction and thus cause the commands
to fail.

Once you disable UAC on your windows machines, the CCleaner plugin will function as normal.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks again for contacting ConnectWise Automate and have a great day,

-Nick P

MarkHodges

Re: CCleaner Plugin Fails to Analyze or Clean

Post by MarkHodges »

Is this still an issue. I deployed the plugin to my pc as a test (unlicensed) and I see it installed but the plugin itself shows nothing in the global stats or analysed so wondering if this is what is causing that issue.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Windows 10 about a year back made a change that caused UAC to kick off when system tried to run CCLeaner. We had to implement a fix to allow the services to execute without UAC firing off.

So no not an issue.

We just released 1.0.4.12 that also adds new group policy manager to the plugin. Now assign cleaning and analyzing policies per labtech group.

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/75a7 ... 1d9671e86b

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Try running a scan manually, does it complete as it should? If it does then it will during automation. Click the squid logo to get help documentation. You can select Analyze Now without a license.

CompConsole.png
CompConsole.png (151.67 KiB) Viewed 9379 times

Return to “Cleaner For LabTech”