CCleaner Feature Request

Get help for CCleaner LabTech plugin
starbucksgold

CCleaner Feature Request

Post by starbucksgold »

Shannon,

Gonna throw out some conceptual ideas here:

Replicate the Cleaner Manager screens/configs down to the Client level with exception of Licensing. Global configuration as it stands is great, however,some clients need different configurations for all their agents as opposed to the global config and would be easier than doing the one off global override on all agents for a client. Also, having the ability to see Stats for a single client could be useful for quick reporting and metrics.

Another idea vs that is setup on the Global Config screen an option to allow multiple configurations (dropdown for config1, config2, etc.) and specify which configuration is applied to each client. And for stat screen, ability to filter down to specific client and export to PDF, Excel.

I know I don't ask for much Shannon... :lol: :lol:

Thoughts and ideas only brother to make plugin more robust.

Jeff

Cubert

Re: CCleaner Feature Request

Post by Cubert »

The first idea there is actually on the roadmap as we move forward. The global multiple config and multiple client piece is new and a interesting thought.

Anyone else have any thoughts on that idea?

BigSquiddyD

Post by BigSquiddyD »

I like the idea of hierarchy with all of my plugins. Sort of like the OU structure in Active Directory

Global-->Client-->Location-->Agent

In determining what takes precedence it is reverse of the above order

Agent-->Location-->Client-->Global

europait

Post by europait »

Here are some feature requests. Not sure if any of this is already available or feasible but I wanted to throw it out there.

How about more options for scheduling? Weekly maybe overkill for most locations, it seems to be creating a lot of tickets anyway. Most of our clients would be good with a monthly cleaning which would also only generate one ticket for each end user per month for cleanup.

A monitor and script for a client that has excessive temp files. It would be nice to be able to run a CCleaner script or function to clean them up instead of the built in drive cleanup.

Also is there anyway to modify the ticketing so that we can adjust what is shown in the time entry, change ticket category etc. It looks like we are getting a time entry for analyzing and also cleaning. This might be something that we may want to adjust.

BigSquiddyD

Post by BigSquiddyD »

Jumping off of what europait said.

I would like to have the option to turn off cleaning on a schedule completely (or perhaps once a month) and hook into an autofix action to call the Cleaner Plugin when either DRV - Disk Cleanup Workstations or Server is triggered.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Well guys you can do that if you want..

if you have enabled the systems, turned on master switch, turn off ticketing, uncheck all days so no schedule is set then CCleaner will deploy with the correct settings and you can then create a script that just executes "CCleanerpath\ccleaner.exe /clean"

It will not report to Labtech but it will clean when hit by monitor.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ask and ye shall receive, Here is a predeployment script that you can use to launch cleaning of a system as a Monitor Action.

Import this script and use it as the script to run when alarm hits, edit script and make sure that line 2 is pointing to the Cleaner Maintenance Service script under the Maintenance folder.

Enjoy!
Cleaner_For_LabTech_AutoClean .zip
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 975 times

europait

Post by europait »

Thank you for the scripts, I will look this over asap. Do you think that added monthly scanning options is something that can be done? Also is there a way to modify the ticketing details. We are getting swamped with tickets and the amount of data that is being included in the ticket is way to much for us. We put all of our msp type autofix tickets into a overview invoice every month to show value to clients. We went from 5-10 page invoices per client to 50+ page invoices due to the ccleaner tickets.

europait

Post by europait »

Doing some billing tonight and I have a couple of clients with 20 or less endpoints that have summary invoices over 150 pages that wont export to quickbooks because they are too large. I am going to have to go through and manually remove time entries until they are small enough to export. For now I am turning off invoicing and I have turned off scheduled cleaning and will turn it on at the end of the month to run once and turn it off again unless some changes are made to the plugin before then. Not sure if anyone else is having problems with how this is working.

1.We really need to have the ability to schedule monthly
2. We are getting separate time entries for analysis and cleaning, really just one time entry for the cleaning would be sufficient.
3. I looked through the script to see if I could reduce the details on the tickets to something like
"Cleaned the machines temp and junk files and reclaimed 352 MB on PC"
I can see where the parser seems to select 50 lines and execute shell scripts select 50 but I would rather not mess with the script that basically makes the plugin work. I could spend some time experimenting and figure out what works and what breaks it but I would rather it just be a function of the plugin.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

europait wrote:Doing some billing tonight and I have a couple of clients with 20 or less endpoints that have summary invoices over 150 pages that wont export to quickbooks because they are too large. I am going to have to go through and manually remove time entries until they are small enough to export. For now I am turning off invoicing and I have turned off scheduled cleaning and will turn it on at the end of the month to run once and turn it off again unless some changes are made to the plugin before then. Not sure if anyone else is having problems with how this is working.

1.We really need to have the ability to schedule monthly
2. We are getting separate time entries for analysis and cleaning, really just one time entry for the cleaning would be sufficient.
3. I looked through the script to see if I could reduce the details on the tickets to something like
"Cleaned the machines temp and junk files and reclaimed 352 MB on PC"
I can see where the parser seems to select 50 lines and execute shell scripts select 50 but I would rather not mess with the script that basically makes the plugin work. I could spend some time experimenting and figure out what works and what breaks it but I would rather it just be a function of the plugin.

Ok so the actual content of the ticket is to large for your exporting.. Hmm.. I could probably put in a checkbox setting in global manager to do a simple 1 liner ticket if flagged. This way you could choose how big the tickets are (detailed or not).

I can also look at adding a week selector so you can select weeks to run and days of weeks to run.. will look into that..

Return to “Cleaner For LabTech”